Tandem FULL HEIGHT TURNSTILES
We build tandem full height turnstiles for all of your security, entrance, and exit needs.
Tandem Full Height Turnstiles
General Information for Tandem Full Height Turnstiles
Tandem Full Height Turnstiles are two way controlled access gates. These turnstiles come in two passage widths along with several different finishes. They are designed to combine all the features of the Single Full Height Turnstile while conserving space when your project requires more than one entry or exit. These turnstiles can also be integrated with various and customizable controlled access systems for your particular needs. By using our Tandem Turnstiles, you can create a custom entry for any project.
- This will depend on how much pedestrian traffic there is and how fast it needs to move
- Powder coated turnstiles should be used for indoors only.
- Galvanized turnstiles have good corrosion resistance inside and out and are suitable for outdoor applications.
- Powder coat over galvanized turnstiles have exceptional corrosion resistance and are suitable for outdoor applications.
- Stainless steel turnstiles have extreme corrosion resistance and are very suitable for outdoor applications.
- If you are using an access control system to unlock the turnstile(s) on entrance and exit, AKA (badge in badge out), then the turnstile(s) need to be configured 2 way electric.
- If you are using an access control system to unlock the turnstile(s) on entrance and need to be able to free exit AKA (badge in, free exit), the turnstile(s) need to be configured 1 way electric.
- If you are not using an access control system and have an electronic keypad that you can program pin codes into or some other form of programmable input source to unlock the turnstile on entrance and exit, then the turnstile need to be configured 2 way electric.
- If you are not using an access control system and have an electronic keypad that you can program pin codes into or some other form of programmable input source to unlock the turnstile on entrance and want to be able to exit freely, then the turnstile(s) needs to be configured 1 way electric.
- If you simply need a turnstile to be free exit and locked on entrance, then the locking mechanism needs to be configured for manual locking.
- if the turnstile(s) need to unlock on both entry and exit, then the solenoids must be fail open for entry and exit
- if the turnstile(s) need to lock on entry and unlock on exit, then the entry solenoid must be fail close, and the exit solenoid must be fail open.
- the most popular passage width for turnstiles is 30". A bigger passage width than this becomes more and more unsecure because 2 people may be able to pass through the passage when unlocked. Our single turnstiles are available in 27", 30" , 36", and 39" passage widths. Keep in mind, the larger the passage width the larger overall footprint of the turnstile. See size and footprint below for more details.
- The larger the passage width, the larger the overall turnstile. For example, an AG-30-T has a 30" passage, but the overall width of the turnstile is 66". An AG-39-T turnstile has 39" passage width and the overall width is 84". Tandem Turnstiles have two passages but a smaller foot print. For example, two AG-30-T's (which have one 30" passage) placed next to each other would total 11'. One AG-30-TT, which has 2 30" passages, would only be 8' 6" wide.
- Single Full Height Turnstiles provide high security entrance or exit control and are the most flexible in terms of size and placement with ADA GATES and other equipment. For example, a single turnstile can also have an ADA GATE beside it, and two single turnstiles can have an ADA GATE in between them. This can spread out the flow of pedestrian traffic if you have ample room to do so. If turnstile installation is in a tight area and there is a lot of pedestrian traffic, take a look at Tandem Full Height Turnstiles. They are essentially two single turnstiles in one but have a smaller footprint. For example, two AG-30-T single turnstiles they take up just over 11' when placed next to each other. An AG-30-TT tandem turnstile takes up just over 8' 6". If installation area is tight a Tandem Full Height Turnstile may be a better option.
- Indicator lights can be added to turnstiles to help aid the flow of traffic by providing a small red and green light that changes with the status of the passage. For example, when someone approaches the turnstile the indicator light will be red. When someone swiped their card and the turnstile unlocks the red light will shut off and the green light will turn on, signaling that that passage is ready to use. After they pass through and the turnstile locks back up the indicator light will turn back to red. When indicator lights are added they are factory wired and installed right above the card reader plate.
- Directional lights can be added to turnstiles to help aid the flow of traffic by providing red x and green arrows indicating if the passage is shut down or operational. For example, when someone is approaching the turnstile from a distance, they will be able to see either a red x or a green arrow indicated if the passage is usable or not.
- Slim Stone Keypad can be added to the turnstile if you wish to be able to unlock the turnstile without an access control system. The slim stone can be programmed to trigger the turnstile to unlock when the correct pin is entered.
- A cage canopy can be added to the turnstile. A cage canopy is a stainless-steel flat plate the covered the entire top of the cage underneath the header and helps inhibit people from climbing over.
- Portable bases are available for all of our turnstiles. We can provide a turnstile on a portable base or provide the turnstile and the portable base separately, However the turnstile will need to be installed on the base onsite.